Your Space at Home – Update 10.02.21
We can’t wait to see you back in our centres at the first possible opportunity…
But until that time comes, to keep you moving we are still offering our members Your Space @ Home for FREE.
22+ hours of LIVE classes weekly
45+ hours on-demand classes
New classes added daily
No equipment needed
Access from a smartphone, laptop or tablet
To get moving straight away check your inbox to retrieve your unique promo code and follow the steps to join.
See you soon!
When will my next payment be taken?
For people whose direct debits were taken on the 1st November you will not pay again until 1st January.
For those people whose payments fall on the 15th of the month, your next payment will be 15th December as we didn’t take your payment in November.
Annual members will be credited with an extra one month on top of their membership.
Why is there a transaction pending on my account?
Where your membership has been frozen or cancelled, in some cases, your online banking may show your next payment as pending (or listed as an upcoming bill/Direct Debit due for collection). We recommend checking with your bank to see if any additional payments are due.
I am an annual pre-paid member, will my membership be extended?
Yes, we’ll be extending your membership by the length of time that the club is closed for.
How do I access Your Space at Home?
We understand the impact this can have not only physically and mentally, but we’re in this together! To keep you active at home we are giving 3 months FREE access to our new online club – Your Space at home.
Keep an eye on your emails for your exclusive promo code!
Our approach to safety, cleanliness and social distancing
Is it safe to go back to the gym?
Yes, we’re confident in our ability to minimise the risk of infection and keep our members safe.
We’ve implementing enhanced cleaning procedures and adopting stringent social distancing measures to create a safe environment for you to visit.
We are also asking members and staff not visit the club if they feel unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms, and there will be clear signage to reflect this.
What are your enhanced cleaning and safety procedures?
Both staff and members will play a part in creating a clean and safe environment for everyone. Our increased infection prevention procedures include:
- Hand sanitising stations: We ask that you sanitise your hands in the entrance on arrival and throughout the gym during your visit
- Disinfectant Wipe Pods: We also ask that you clean any gym equipment before and after use with the cleaning products avaialble.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures- our teams will be carrying out enhanced cleaning procedures focusing heavily on all touch points throughout the day.
- Increased cleaning hours: Gym equipment will be sanitised on a regular basis throughout the day and the gym. We’ll also be shortening group exercise classes to allow more time for the studios to be cleaned.
- Training: All staff have undertaken cleaning training including COVID-19 Awareness, Infection Prevention and Hand Hygiene
- Protection: We’ve installed plastic shields at reception desks and we’ll be providing PPE for our staff in line with Public Health England recommendations.
What social distancing measures have you put in place?
- Social distancing signage: This includes including floor markers indicating where to stand, posters indicating capacity in each area of the gym and, where possible, directional signs indicating one-way systems
- Limits on numbers: To avoid overcrowding, we will limit how many people are allowed in the gym at once.It is important you book your session before you arrive , so we can keep track of numbers and always comply with social distancing measures .We will need to ask you to wait before you enter the gym floor, using the social distance markers. We ask all members not to enter the site until the start of their session.
- Smaller classes: When we recommence classes, our Studio capacity will be reduced for group exercise classes to allow for the 2-metre social distancing rule. When you’re waiting for your class, please follow social distancing rules and clear the studio space as quickly as you can when the class has finished.
- Shorter classes: When we recommence classes. They we will run for a duration between 30 and 45 minutes, to allow time for cleaning and to allow members to leave the studio safely.
- Shorter classes: Classes will be between 30 and 45 minutes, to allow time for cleaning and to allow members to leave the studio safely
- Less equipment: Some equipment on the gym floor will be unavailable to allow for social distancing
- Fewer lockers: To avoid having too many people in the changing rooms, there won’t be as many lockers available as usual.
Will staff be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)?
Our staff will be risk assessed for the need for barrier protection, e.g. face coverings such as visors. PHE guidance states that where physical distancing can’t be maintained, or the possibility for exposure is high (such as long lengths of time indoors) or risk of activity is high (for example directly working with bodily fluids) there is a higher risk of exposure.
All members of our clean team will be provided with adequate PPE to ensure both their own safety and yours, in line with Public Health England and UK Active advice. All other members of staff will be wearing PPE where the 2-metre rule can’t be adhered to.
Gloves can be contaminated with germs, which are difficult to remove, so regular handwashing and using antibacterial hand sanitiser is deemed to be more hygienic. In addition, in a gym environment masks will get damp, which reduces their effectiveness and may also limit a member’s oxygenation when working at intensity.
Will you be providing hand sanitising gel and wipes in the club?
Yes, there will be a free-standing hand sanitising station at the entrance to your gym, which we ask you to use before you enter, as well as additional-mounted hand sanitising dispensers in key areas throughout the gym.
There will also be disinfectant spray and blue roll available so you can clean your equipment and mats before and after use.
Have the gyms been deep cleaned?
Yes, all gyms are deep cleaned regularly. This is an enhanced cleaning process to ensure gyms are clean and disinfected as part of BPL.
During the closure, all our swimming pools have remained full, filtrated and dosed with the appropriate level of chemicals to ensure they are in the best condition for reopening. Regular checks on the water quality have been completed along with planned maintenance of the pool plant equipment. A full opening procedure has taken place following the guidance from the British Pool Water Treatment Advisory Group (PWTAG).
Our sites have been visited regularly by our building maintenance teams and we have followed a strict water management regime of regular flushing and turnover of water in our systems, along with temperature monitoring on all our showers and taps. A number of microbiological water tests will be carried out on our water system prior to opening.
How can I reduce the spread of infection in the gym to protect myself and others?
Please stay at home if you have any concerns whatsoever that you may have contracted, or been in touch with anyone infected with COVID-19.
When in the gym, following the simple guidelines: keep your distance, wash your hands, and clean down kit before and after use with the new self-cleaning stations provided. Also, try not to talk directly to people face to face, rather to one side of each other. Shouting propels droplets further. If coughing or sneezing, do so into the inside of your elbow to catch droplets.
Visiting the gym
Will there be any changes to my gym’s opening hours?
Yes some of our sites have adjusted their opening hours please check their specific website for full opening times.
Will there be any changes to the class timetable?
Unfortunately, due to the Tier 3 restrictions from the government, there will now be no group exercise classes taking place, until government restrictions are relaxed.
Also, we will now be giving all our members at venues effected by the Tier 3 restrictions FREE access to Your Space at Home! This is our new online club that has over 1200 minutes worth of your favourite classes, taught by your favourite instructors, that you can do from the comfort of your own home. We will be sending out your unique code for this in the coming days.
Is there a time limit on my visit to the gym?
Currently sites have adopted a time limit on all training sessions, this will be reviewed on a regular basis.
What should I bring?
- Workout gear: Please arrive ready to work out to avoid using the changing room.
- Minimal belongings: All you need is your membership card and bank card if you want to make a purchase – we won’t be accepting cash
- Full water bottle: Water fountains will be unavailable for hygiene reasons. You can purchase a bottle of water using your contactless card if needed
- Yoga mat: If you’ve booked a yoga or Pilates class we ask that you bring your own mat
- Towel: If you’re using the pool, please bring your own towel. Please don’t bring a sweat towel.
Do I need to arrive ready to workout?
Yes, please do arrive ready to workout where possible as the changing rooms have limited capacity.
Will there be changing rooms and lockers available?
The changing rooms will not be open during this time but our toilets will be available.
There will be a limited number of lockers available, so please limit your personal belongings and only use a locker if absolutely necessary.
Unfortunately swimsuit dryers, hair driers and straighteners will be unavailable.
Gym services and facilities
Will I be able to access Personal Training when you reopen?
Yes, however we will only allow our PT’s to have 1-1 sessions during this period. The only exception to this is a group session with people from the same household.
Can I book a programme review or induction?
Yes we will be offering these on a 1-1 basis or if you are part of the same household you can do this together with one of instructors.
Are you allowing junior’s into gym sessions?
Yes, the capacities will differ site to site and they are expected to book as per adult member.
Will I be able to buy food and drink at the café?
The café will remain open with a limited menu available, but you will only be able to order takeout food and drinks.
Outdoor seating will remain available.
Swimming and relaxation areas
Will I be able to use the swimming pool?
Swimming sessions and lessons remain unaffected, and will continue as usual with all social distancing measures in place.
Swimming lessons have recommenced. For all swimming lesson FAQ’s please click here.
What about family swim sessions?
They will be available through the booking system, please check website for availability.
Will classes run by external providers still be operating (e.g. Puddle Ducks)
No, these classes won’t be available at the moment. We’ll restart them as soon as we’re able to.
Can I bring a friend using a free day pass?
No, unfortunately day passes won’t be accepted for the foreseeable future.
I usually workout with a friend, can I still do this?
You should only train with a member of your household as per current government guidelines.
I want to join, are you taking on new members?
Yes, we are always taking on new members! To join, follow the link to view our amazing membership packages, fit to suit everyone’s needs.
Should I wear gloves in the gym?
No, gloves can harbour a high viral load and contaminate surfaces. The individual may also transfer from glove to face in a higher dose and not touching the face and washing hands thoroughly is far more important.
Do I have to wear a face mask in the gym?
Yes, we are asking members to wear a face covering in busy areas.
Although we are rigidly monitoring capacities within our facility as per government guidance there will be a slight increase in people passing through reception and communal areas, therefore using a face covering is an extra precaution we’d like you to take.
Areas where a face covering is required;
Changing rooms and toilets
Sports Hall viewing areas
You are not required to wear a face covering whilst you are exercising and whilst using the changing facility.
If you forget a face covering, don’t worry, we have a limited supply on reception that you can purchase.